Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Big Girl

Last night was kind of a late night.  Allyson and I made a double batch of banana bread which didn't get done baking until almost 9 pm.  Between the baking bread and the dishwasher running, the kitchen and living room became really hot!  But it was a beautiful night out so we decided to go for a walk.  Allyson rode in the stroller and talked a lot on the ride; about everything from the sticks on the sidewalk, to the birds in the trees to the bunny we saw hopping in the grass.  As I pushed her up a hill she said. "Mom, I love going for walks!"  Who wouldn't love getting pushed around in a stroller on a beautiful evening?

When we got home Allyson said we needed to watch one Wonder Pets episode and then it was bedtime.  It was already past bedtime, but since it was Saturday I agreed.  When it was time to go to bed she went and crawled in my bed as usual, but after a minute she said she would sleep in her bed and I should sleep in my bed.  We discussed it a bit because this is one of her known stalling techniques.  She said that she was a big girl now and she would stay in there all night.  So I agreed and followed her into her room, tucked her in and hoped for the best.  She stayed in there all night!  Yea!  Lets hope this continues.

In other news.... my niece is quite the trickster already.  She fooled her mommy into thinking she was coming yesterday, but it turns out she was just playing a trick on her and she isn't quite ready to make her appearance yet.  I think she's waiting until the 8th.  Then she will have a cute birthday, 6/8/10.  All even numbers in a row.  I can't wait to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment