Monday, April 19, 2010

A Nice Day

Today was a nice day.  Nothing particularly exciting happened but that's OK some times.  Allyson and I slept in till about 8:15, which is pretty good for the weekend.  After awhile I started sorting the laundry into piles, it was $10 worth this week.  I don't really count the number of loads of laundry I do as much as how much it will cost me.  $10 of laundry is five loads, pretty typical for us.  I probably do laundry 3 times a month and let it pile up an extra week once a month which just means more the next week.  So about $40 a month on laundry, plus the cost of soap and stain remover, I think it's ridiculous.  But I don't want to be smelly, so I do it, haha!  So anyway... I did laundry this morning and this by this evening it was all folded AND put away.  Usually I put off putting it away for awhile.

Allyson played with her dollhouse and dolly's a lot today.  It is so funny to listen to her talk for them.  Especially when she says the kinds of things I say to her to them.  For example, she tells them to listen, she asks them if they have to go potty and tells them to be patient. 

I was ready for a nap around 1:30.  Allyson decided to nap on the recliner, "like papa does".  So I tucked her in and went to my room to lay down.  She came in and checked on me, I sent her back to the living room.  She came back and said she wanted to nap in her room, I said fine.  She same in again and I ignored her.  She poked me a couple of times but didn't say anything.  She left and it got real quiet so I figured she went back to sleep in her room.  When I got up I took a quick shower and went looking for her (it was 3:45).  I foun her in the living room curled up in the recliner covered with a blanket and snuggled with about 6 of her stuffed animals.  I sat on the couch to read a magazine and she poked her head up to tell me that she was not napping (even though she clearly was).  Within 2 minutes she was out cold again, huffing and puffing in her sleep.  Watching kids sleep is great, they are so peaceful and cute. 

Eventually she got up and I started making supper.  I grilled some sausage and we had baked beans, pasta salad, watermelon and an orange.  Allyson pretty much just ate the fruit.  She agreed to taste the pasta salad but declared it was "yucky".  She refused to try the beans and kept saying "yyyuuuccckk, that looks like doggy poop!"  So supper was not a hit!

We went to church this evening and Allyson was really well behaved.  We had to take a trip to the potty mid-service.  She did really well this weekend with the potty-training.  She had a couple of accidents but ultiple success' with #2 which made me very happy.  After church we came home and had popcorn and watched Dora.  Bedtime went pretty well.  I sat in bed with her and re-tied the parts of her tie blanket which had come undone.  She kept scooting next to me and kissing me on the cheek and giving me hugs.  Such a sweetheart.

Back to work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment