Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Holy Buckets"

It's Sunday evening already.  The weekends go by so fast!  We didn't have an exciting weekend, but it was alright.  Yesterday mom picked us up and we went to my cousin Lorie's bridal shower.  Allyson had been looking forward to seeing her cousin Mya there, but she had the flu so Allyson was the only kid there.  She was pretty well behaved.  After that we stopped at the grocery store.  I ran in to pick up things for both mom and I.  Allyson fell asleep in the car which was good because she hadn't had a nap, but bad since it was already nearly 5:00.  She continued sleeping at home until I woke her up around 6:30.  I had put a ham in the crockpot and made scalloped potatoes.  Yum! I love ham.

Due to the late nap, Allyson didn't want to go to bed.  She ended up staying up with me till I was ready for bed around 11.  The nice part was that we slept in till 9am this morning!  That is almost unheard of in this house.

This morning we watched some cartooms, had breakfast of Cheerios and fruit and play with the dollhouse and Disney figurines.  I can't remember exactly why she said it but Allyson's saying for the weekend was "holy buckets!"  She's such a cutie.  I sorted and packed up the laundry to take to mom and dads, since we were invited there.  Allyson didn't get a nap this afternoon so she was a bit cranky when we were in church this evening.  After church we came home, put away laundry and put the sheets on my bed and then made popcorn.  We have popcorn almost every week after church.  Allyson said she wanted to watch Happy Feet so I put that in.  Within 20 minutes she had fallen asleep on the floor with her pilliow and blanket.  I carried her to bed and now I have the evening to myself.

I'm watching the closing ceremony for the Olympics.  I'm a little sad that they are over, I was hooked on watching them everynight. 

I had intended on baking peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies this weekend, but time got away from me.  We'll try to make them one evening this week.  Allyson LOVES to help with baking.  I let her pour the ingrediants in.  Here is an oldie, but a goodie picture of Allyson from 2 years ago today, I found her checking out the contents of the fridge.  I really don't know how she got the door open on her own because she wasn't even walking at this point, she was just about 10 months old, I must have left it open for some reason.


This is the kind of exciting posts you can expect in the future.  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment