Monday, March 1, 2010

"It's a Girl!"

The big news today was finding out that I am going to be an auntie to a little girl!  After thinking for months that she was having a boy, my sister and her husband found out today that they will be having a girl!  I am so excited!  I would have been happy to have a nephew of course, but I just love baby girls.  Plus I am much better at shopping for girls.   I wander around the boys department thinking, where is all of the cute stuff?  Allyson picked out a shirt at Old Navy for her soon-to-be cousin today.  It is adorable.

In other news, this morning Allyson was quite sleepy.  She sleeps in my bed sometimes (OK, pretty much always these days) and in the morning I can take a shower, talk to her, turn on the lights and TV, clap my hands, pretty much do anything and she will still sleep.  Today I finialy got her to wake up by talking to her and asking her to show me her smile.  She sat up and smiled, rubbed her eyes a bit and then said, "Mommy, my eyes are very tired."  But I managed to get her out of bed and dressed.

Work was pretty uneventful and I felt like I actually got a few things accomplished.  After work Allyson and I went to Old Navy, like I mentioned above, and then we went to Grizzly's for supper.  Ashley was in Harvey for the weekend and was just in town to catch a flight back to Colorado.  It had been a year since I had seen her, so it was nice to catch up a bit.

Allyson is fighting going to bed tonight so she is sitting next to me here on the couch.  Hopefully by 9 I'll get her to sleep.  Maybe I need Super Nanny to come and help me for a few days.  Sometimes I know I'm 'being too nice' to her, but it is hard to be strict with someone so cute.  Seriously, how can you resist this cute-ness?


1 comment:

  1. Yay for a niece!!! And your daughter is so adorable!! I just love her expression in that first picture!!

    ReplyDelete