Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Busy Evening

It's been a busy evening yet I feel like there was a bunch more stuff I should have gotten done but didn't!  After work Allyson and I headed down to Target.  She needed som more Pull-Ups since she still won't go #2 in the toilet.  I got the generic Up & Up brand ones and I have to say I'm impressed, they seem to be just like the name brand Pull-Ups, which are WAY better than the Pampers Easy-Ups, if you ask me.  I also picked up a few household items and got Allyson some toys.  That seems to be my latest addiction, buying toys!  Tonight she got some Mega Blocks so she can build pyramids and towers (in her words).  We also picked up the Ariel princess doll that is like the Polly Pocket style of doll.  She has all of the other princesses, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Belle so Ariel completes the collection.  Oh, I also got her a Barrel of Monkeys.  I always loved them as a kid and they should help with coordination and counting.

After that we went to Famous Dave's for dinner.  It was 6 by the time we got there so Allyson was getting pretty antsy, but luckily our food came before she got out of control.  We don't go out to eat often, but every once in awhile it is nice to do.  At first I was a little hesitant to go out 'just the two of us".  But the more I thought about it, this is my family and there is no reason we can't go out by ourselves.  We never have a lapse in converstaion, Allyson always has something to say.  I'm usually so busy trying to keep her entertained and make sure she doesn't spill anything or fall off of her chair, that I don't have time to notice if anyone stares at us whatnot.  I'm still not sure if I'd enjoy going out to a sit-down restaurant by myself, but I am quite comfortable going just me and my girl.  :)

After dinner we came home and packed up our bags for the weekend.  We are taking off tomorrow to go visit Allyson's Great-Grandparents and her dad.  I realize many people find this to be a strange thing, but  there are no "rules" for how to handle family situations after a divorce, so I just take it day by day and decide to do what feels right to me.  Grandpa & Grandma (technically my ex-G&G) have always made us feel so welcome that both Allyson and I really enjoy the trip to see them.  Having the ex living in-state again has been a bit strange, but it is a situation that must be dealt with.  So again, I go with what feels right.  I'd much rather spend the occasional weekend at G&G's than have him start exercising his right to take her every other weekend.  I don't know what I'd do!  At this point I don't think he has any plans of starting that.  Whew.

Anyway, I keep getting off track!  After packing we watched Cinderella III, again.  By the time that was over it was past bedtime for my girl.  She is still in there talking.  Bedtime has been a struggle lately.  I still have not gotten my layouts done for scrapbooking.  I would also have liked to have brought in the box of spring clothes I have for Allyson out in the garage to go through them and see what (if anything) I need to buy for her.  I also need to go through baby clothes some time in the next couple of months and decide what to send to my neice.  The apartment could use a good cleaning and there is laundry waiting to be done too.... The list never ends, but that is my Prettyful life and I wouldn't change it for the world!  On second though a maid would be nice, I would welcome that change!

No comments:

Post a Comment