Thursday, March 25, 2010

Two Days in a Row (a million more to go)

Whew.  I just "worked out" two days in a row!  That may not be much to brag about for most people, but for me its a pretty big deal.  For now I have been doing the 20 minute workout of Windsor Pilates.  Again, it's just 20 minutes, but trust me I get winded doing it.  However the best part is that it requires nothing more than me laying on the ground, kicking and  rolling around!  That's my kind of exercise, no equipment or special shoes or bra's required.  I did take some Advil after I was done to prevent the aches and pains that would surely follow for someone like me who hasn't exercised in forever.  This morning I felt great. 

Soon I'll be adding some variety to my workouts.  I ordered the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD last night (she is from The Biggest Looser on TV).  I'm a little afraid that it will be too hard for me to do but it was only $8.99 on Amazon.com and I've heard good things about it.  The DVD contains 3 levels of workouts, each 20 minutes in length (again, I like the short workouts).  They are progressively harder so you are supposed to do level 1 until it becomes "easy" and then move up to level 2 and so on.  I also purchased a digital scale that has numbers big enough to tell me my weight and a food scale to keep me honest with portion sizes.  I haven't weighed myself in forever, I think I threw out my scale when I moved, so I really don't know how much I weigh now but I'd be willing to bed that I'm at an all time high.  Higher than when I started Weight Watchers back in November 2005 and higher than the day I went in to the hospital to deliver Allyson.  Sad.  But I can't do much about it now other than try to get back down toward a healthier weight.

So what has inspired all of these changes?  Well, I see diabetes staring me in the face  when I look into my future and I'm hoping to prevent it.   Because I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) I have a much greater chance of getting diabetes than the general population does.  Yuck.  Plus after eating so much delicious food at the Abbey last weekend while scrapbooking I feel fatter than ever and my pants are tight! 

In general I'm not very good at following through with things like this, but hopefully I will be able to stick with it.  I did pretty well when I did WW a few years ago but don't really want to join now, I'll see how I do on my own first.  I know what the right things are to eat and how much of them to eat, it is just a matter of having the willpower to stick to it.  Lord knows I pretty much hate exercise of any type but when I think of putting it off I'm going to remind myself that I want to be around for my sweet Allyson for years and years and years to come.

I'll try to update now and then with my progress.  The Weight Watchers website tells me:  Your weight range is 136-184.  Frankly I can't imagine being in that range, but it is a nice dream.  I think for now I will aim for smaller goals.  I'll set one once I get my scale in the mail, probably 10 pounds or something.  I'm not going to post my weight on here, that would just be frightening, but maybe I'll post my BMI.  I don't know, I have to think about it, but that would be good motivation I think.  So we'll see how this all turns out.

In Allyson news... she is just asd cute as ever.  This evening we played outside on our patio with egg shaped sidewalk chalks she just had to have from the grocery store.  We drew pictures and she had me write the names of all of the important people in her life on the cement.  Then we had to play hopscotch.  Luckily there were no injuries this time!  Her slide is finially free from it's ice/snow cage it was in all winter so she had fun sliding down it that  in all directions, headfirst, feet first, on her tummy and on her back.  We played until our fingers got too cold.  Spring is always late to arrive here.

I can't believe it is Friday tomorrow!  This week went by so quickly, I love it when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I'm from North Dakota and I stumbled on your blog through being a friend of Assumption Abbey!!! Take care and keep going on the workouts!!! I will cheer you on (I'm a hardcore runner myself) so any advice and support - I'm here for ya! North Dakotans forever :)

    ReplyDelete