Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cough, Cough

My poor baby is coughing and coughing.  It doesn't sound like a "bad cough" but it sounds like it's annoying for her.  I'm not sure if it is due to some sort of sickness or if it is spring allergies.  Last night she coughed from 3-5 in the morning.  She was still asleep while she was doing it, but tossing and turning alot.  It kept me up a lot too.  So this morning I called work and J to let them know we would be 1 hour late.  I thought it would be good for Allyson to get an extra hour of sleep.  She was in a great mood when I dropped her off.

Work was uneventful for the most part.  The exciting part was when water started dripping into my office.  I had been back in the breakroom snacking on the fruit we had been provided by COSE (Collalation of State Employees).  I got back to my office and sat down, then I heard it.  It almost sounded like a mouse crawling around or something at first.  Then I though it sounded like water dripping but couldn't see any water.  So I ran across the hall and barged in on one of my co-workers to get her to come over to my office.  By that time there was a small puddle developing on my desk.  She helped me clean the pictures and stuff off of that area and then I ran back to alert a manager who called the other maintenance person who showed up about 10 minutes later (he was off site).  In the interm the water just ran down the wall behind my cubicle wall and dripped into the trash can I placed on my desk.  We figured that it was from an overflowing toilet, since my office is below the bathrooms on the floor above.  I hear them flushing all day.  It's lovley! Luckily the water coming into my office was clean water.  The maintenance guy fixed the toilet so it quit running and will replace the two damamged ceiling tiles in my office once it dries out up there.  So in the end there was no major damage but it added a little excitement to my day.

I met with a guy about getting some additional life insurance for myself today.  I know it's something I need to do.  Adding up the couple of debts I have and the money that would  be needed for 'final expenses' and to raise Allyson and send her to college it really adds up.  I didn't sign up for any today, but might shop around a couple more places to see what the rates are.  The quote I got today was reasonable, but my budget is pretty tight right now, so I want to find the best deal.

Allyson was in a great mood when I picked her up.  The weather has been nice so J has been taking the kids outside to play.  Allyson loves playing outside!  When I got there they were going for a walk.  The kids love it, even though they really just walk up and down J's block.  Allyson saw me and ran a to me with her arms open yelling "mommy!!"  It was cute, just like in the movies only we weren't in a grassy field.  On the drive home Allyson took off her shoes and saw that she had gotten her socks dirty too.  So she took them off and then said, "my beet are stinky, I no want to mell 'em!"  She played in the tub for quite awhile and is now still struggling to go to bed.  It is something we are still struggling with but it's getting a little better.

Tomorrow is the last day of the work-week for me.  All state employees get Good Friday off.  I'm getting my DVR installed on Friday, I can't wait!!

I did six loads of laundry tonight.  The last two are still in the dryer and none of it is folded, but at least it is washed.  I've been putting it off for awhile. 

1 comment:

  1. We finally had enough nice weather to spend some time outside today. We really enjoyed it. I love this time of year. I love getting back to getting outside and going to the park and for walks and everything.