Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This morning as we were driving to daycare Allyson told me that her mouth was still tired.  She had been yawning and I guess it must be true, I am yawning right now and am pretty tired.  Today has just flown by!  Work actually went by very quickly, probably because nothing really stumped me (this is unusual) and I was able to get some claims out.  It feels good to allow someone when you know they really deserve the benefits and  I got to do that on a couple of cases today.  Other times a claimant is allowed, but it is really on a technicality, so to speak, and those cases don't give me "warm fuzzy feelings".  But I must follow the rules and be fair to everyone, right?

After work Allyson cried that she wanted to go shopping as we were passing the big stretch of stores we drive by on the way home.  I asked her what she wanted to buy at the store.  She answered, "Cinderella!"  So I decided we could go to the video store and rent it since Cinderella is currently locked up in the Disney Vault and not available for purchase.  However the video store we rent from only has Cinderella on VHS but has Cinderella II and III on DVD.  We have watched both II and III and III is WAY better if you ask me.  As far as Disney sequels go it is pretty high on the list.  So we rented that one again, this is probably the 4th time we've rented it.  But for 99 cents for 5 days it's a pretty good deal.  I picked up "Couples Retreat" for me.  I'm sure it will be predictable but I thought it looked cute.

I made sausage and Zataran's smothered rice for supper, the rice called for chicken to be added to it, but I just made the sausage seperate.  I like the Zataran's boxed rice dishes, they're all pretty good, but they are all pretty similar tasting to me. After dinner Allyson helped me bake chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies.  They are my favorite, always nice and chewy.  The recipe makes a huge batch so I think I'll take some to work tomorrow for my coworkers to enjoy.

After the cookies were done we did a couple of art projects.  The first one was with a packet of about 250 little foam easter shaped stickers.  I peeled the backing off of them for Allyson and she put about 30 of them on a sheet of paper.  They were shaped like bunnies, chicks, eggs, ducks, etc.  Next I let her color with her Crayola Color Explosion markers & paper set.  It is special paper that makes the marker colors really 'pop'.  She was attempting to draw circles and doing a pretty good job.

I put her to bed about an hour ago, we'll see how tonight goes.  Last night she got up and went potty three times before she fell asleep.  I think it's a stalling technique, but she did go all three times and I don't really feel like I can discourage her from going potty when we are still working on potty training.  Tonight she has gotten up once alreay to go.

I wheeled my big scrapbook tote out to the living room but I don' think I'll get started on that project tonight.  I have a weekend event coming up in two weeks and need to get some power layouts done - that is when I group pictures and papers together in the order I want to scrapbook them in.  Organizing like that saves a lot of time when I'm at an event and I'm able to get a lot more pages done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment